The new look, feel and navigation of the John Deere Operations Center make it easier to use and provide a more consistent user experience with the latest mobile version.
The established MyOperations App for smartphones and tablets has been renamed Operations Center mobile and pairs well with the Operations Center web version. Both provide users with an all-inclusive farm management tool. Another improvement is the addition of Work Planner, which is now a key feature of the new AutoSetup system that allows farmers to streamline their work set-up and help operators start working more quickly in the field.
Farmers already use the popular Operations Center to collect and securely store their field, crop and machine data from their connected machines for easy analysis and to aid decision making. To meet the constantly changing demands of the business of farming, the improved Operations Center is designed to bring more clarity and organisation to farm data management.
It can help farmers set up, plan, monitor and analyse their data to make sound business decisions using the following features:
- Setup uses a JDLink connection and the Operations Center to synchronise the farm’s data, saving time while eliminating possible data entry errors.
- Plan uses a Generation 4 Display with the Work Planner feature to improve efficiency through increased accuracy.
- Monitor , with a JDLink connection and the new Home and Map tabs, helps farmers keep a watchful eye on their entire operation to ensure quality and efficiency, even when they’re away from the farm.
- The new Analyze tab in the Operations Center helps farmers turn this year’s results into next year’s decisions.
“We know today’s farmers are always on the move, which makes the app version of Operations Center more important than ever,” says Peter Koch, John Deere’s Digital Technology Marketing Manager. “That’s why John Deere has improved both web and mobile versions, to make them look more alike and function in a similar manner.”
To get the most from John Deere Precision Ag technologies, Peter Koch suggests farmers need the following:
- a Generation 4 CommandCenter display that gives farmers more precise control of machine functions from the cab;
- a StarFire receiver to ensure accurate positioning;
- JDLink telematics, which serves as the wireless connection between machines and streams data from the Gen4 display to the Operations Center.
Using the Operations Center’s new Work Planner feature, farmers can now preload all their display information so operators no longer need to complete this step once they are in the cab.
The improved Operations Center is now live, and new customers can create an account online or download the Operations Center mobile app from the Google Play or Apple App Stores. Existing users will automatically receive all updates in both Operations Center web and mobile versions. More information about the new Operations Center is available from John Deere dealers or by visiting John Deere Operations Center.